Analysis of the living conditions in our urban district and our city
Projektissa mukana olevat opiskelijat tutustuvat oman asuinympäristönsä lisäksi kumppanikouluihin ja niiden asuinympäristöön. Osa opiskelijoista matkustaa projektitapaamisiin, joista yksi järjestetään Oulun Lyseon lukiossa
• Städtisches Adolf-Weber-Gymnasium, München, Saksa (koordinoiva koulu) www.awg.musin.de
• Onze-Lieve-Vrouw-Presentatie, secundair onderwijs, Sint-Niklaas, Belgia www.olvp.be
• X Liceum Ogólnokształcące im. I.J. Paderewskiego, Katowice, Puola http://www.xlo.pl
• Ragainės progimnazija, Šiauliai, Liettua http://ragaine.su.lt
Yhteyshenkilö lyseolla: Sirpa Anttila-Muilu
Lokakuu: Opettajien valmisteleva vierailu Müncheniin Saksaan; projektin aiheiden valinta (1st focus on: infrastructure)
Maalis-huhtikuu: Opiskelijoiden ja opettajien projektiviikko Oulussa Suomessa 31.3. - 5.4.2014
Syys-lokakuu: Opiskelijoiden ja opettajien projektiviikko Katowicessa Puolassa; uusien aiheiden valinta (2nd focus on: migration, culture) 29.9. - 4.10.2014
Marraskuu: Projektiviikko Šiauliaissa Liettuassa 10.-14.11.2014.
Tammikuu: Opiskelijoiden ja opettajien projektiviikko Sint-Niklaasissa Belgiassa; uusien aiheiden valinta (3rd focus on: economic structural analysis, analysis of media) 12. - 17.1.201
Huhti-toukokuu: Opiskelijoiden ja opettajien projektiviikko Münchenissä Saksassa; projektin loppuarviointi 27.4. - 2.5.2015
Summary of the project
- In our partnership, in addition to the benefits of personal exchange, the sensitizing to the living conditions in the pupils’ neighbourhood and cities will be predominant. The pupils examine the infrastructure and living conditions of their neighbourhood and their cities. By comparing their results with those of the partner schools, they achieve intercultural competence, which will prepare them for their lives as citizens of Europe.
- They do research on their neighbourhood and their city by doing cartography, designing e.g. questionnaires and conducting surveys, producing articles for the common website – everything accompanied by analysis and evaluation, and completed by visions for a future city. They also analyse the presentation of their communities in the media and compare the presentation with their own results.
- Since English is the ‘lingua franca’ of the project, the command of English of both pupils and teachers will be improved. In the beginning of each meeting, there will be a workshop on the native language and culture of the host country.
- Working in teams and using interdisciplinary approaches will also stimulate the teachers’ interest in Europe. Improvements in pedagogical approaches and school management will take place in the fields of ICT, evaluation and student-orientated teaching.
- The aim is the sensitizing of all participants (pupils, teachers, administration) to the structures and living conditions which are experienced by the adolescents involved. Thus both differences and similarities of such structures found in Europe are to be discovered and reflected upon.
- Traffic and environment: current situation of traffic; noise; increasing greenhouse effect; public transport; pupils’ suggestions for improvement; environment: situation/attitudes
- Leisure facilities/cultural institutions: leisure activities in public facilities, clubs (e.g. sports, dance); attendance by youths; pupils’ suggestions for improvement and visions for the future
- Migration: also inner migration, birthplaces of parents/grandparents, ideas about future place of residence; local identity
- History of the neighbourhood/city
- Educational institutions: types, size, location; suggestions for changes
- Location study: trade and industry
- Better command of foreign language among students and teachers (also technical terminology)
- Enjoying cooperation with pupils from other countries
- Improvement of social skills of all participants
The following methods will be applied by students working in teams
- Designing/conducting of questionnaires by pupils in their respective age-groups
- Analysing/evaluating of questionnaires on chosen aspects
- Producing maps of neighbourhood/city applying GIS
- Presenting the results of the schools involved on e.g. digital maps; analysing differences /similarities of the pupils’ living conditions
- Documentation by pupils: surveys, articles, photos, film scenes (videos), exhibitions, flyers, publishing digital maps, common website and blog, newspaper at the end of each phase
- Working in multinational teams and communication via eTwinning lead to an improved command of English